Adventure Travel Blog
For Those Who Love Nature and the Outdoors
Based in Santa Monica, California
Oh hey, didn't see you there!
Welcome. Make yourself feel at home...mi website es su website
My name is Meelad and together my gf Cassie and I created Exsplore in late 2016. We'd just gotten back from a camping trip to Catalina Island and were talking about how it'd be cool to share our camping and hiking experiences online somewhere, which is how the idea for our blog was inspired.
That same day, we started outlining our ideas and before you know it, this site was born and our first travel guide was up! We've been writing non-stop since and are on a mission to provide nature lovers with the most entertaining content possible.
Quick Fun Facts About Us
1. Cassie is originally from LA; Meelad is from the SF Bay Area
2. Cassie attended Mount St. Mary's (LA) for nursing; Meelad attended UC Santa Cruz for biology
3. Cassie and Meelad met in LA through mutual friends after Meelad moved there for work
4. Cassie is better at karaoke than Meelad is ;)
The name of this blog, "EXSPLORE", is a combination of two words:
1. Explore: to travel over new territory for adventure or discovery
2. Splore: a Scottish word meaning frolic, revel, or escapade
It's also important to note that exSplore.com was an available domain while explore.com was not!
We want to inspire people to lead active and healthy lifestyles, to have an interest in nature, and to promote exploration of the great outdoors.
In the News